The International Door Association (IDA) primary mission is to provide programs and services to door and access systems dealers, for the express purpose of enhancing their value and professionalism. Door and access systems dealers sell, install and service a vast array of products including:
- Residential Doors and Operators
- Commercial Doors and Operators
- Fire Doors
Founded in 1995, the trade association (501 c 6):
- Produces an annual trade show and exposition (the IDAExpo)
- Publishes the industry’s leading trade journal (International Door & Operator Industry)
- Facilitates the creation and production of educational, accreditation, and certification programs through its partnership with the Institute of Door Dealer Education and Accreditation
- Provides educational scholarships to IDA members via the IDA Scholarship Foundation.
- Enforces a Code of Business Conduct equally important to ethical door dealers and consumers.
The association is headquartered in West Milton, Ohio USA. It operates 12 Regions with a national director representing each one. Long & Associates, Inc., provides professional management services via a team of association specialists.